Deutsch Deutsch English English

About the Museum

In 1910, the setup of a memorial room in the newly founded "Froebelhaus" in Bad Blankenburg initiated the history of the Friedrich Froebel Museum. Today, the museum is situated at the place of origin of the first kindergarten, the so-called "House above the cellar" ("House über dem Keller"), which Friedrich Froebel was provided with by the city of Bad Blankenburg in 1839 for testing the concept "kindergarten".

Being a vital center for education and encounters, the museum and its many diverse offers are closely linked to Froebel’s credo “Come, let us live for our children!” (“Kommt, lasst uns unsern Kindern leben!”).

Museum's history

From memorial room to international community center
 

More

Staff & Contact

Contact the museum's team, your request to the museum
 

More

Museum's Friends

Association of funding and support of the museum's work (only in german)

Mehr


Das Friedrich-Fröbel-Museum ist aktives Mitglied im Fröbel-Kreis und leistet Beiträge zur Fröbel-Dekade (2013-2022), die durch den Fröbel-Kreis initiiert wurde.
© 2011–2021  Friedrich Froebel Museum, all rights reserved  |